Stuck in a pit with your writing? Feeling so uninspired that even the shower isn’t capable of bringing you new ideas? Well, today I’m going to give you some things you can do when writer’s block hits and you ABSOLUTELY CANNOT IMAGINE HOW YOU COULD EVER WRITE AGAIN. Some of them might actually work.
- Write a flash fiction about beings that live in the moon’s core. What is their life like? What are they like?
- Shuffle one of your playlists and create a story from the third song that comes up (or… you know… the first song. it makes no difference. xD).
- Read one of Danielle’s posts. Literally any of them. Because they’re hilarious and if nothing else, you’ll come back grinning like a loco person.
- Make a list of your least favorite books on your shelf and write down the things you didn’t like about them. I have no idea what this is going to do for you but ya know what let’s just roll with it.
- Use this prompt to write something:
“Better put a stop to this battle, boy.”
“How can I do that when the slightest scratch will kill me?”
- Go for a walk. For the first person you see, imagine what they would do if they were put in a dangerous situation (a battle, being kidnapped, anything and everything, etc.). I advise you to make it as epic as possible.
- Create a playlist based on either your story or one character in it.
- Write a haiku that reflects your MC’s personality. You could do it with a different character, too.
- Text a friend and discuss the ways there are to hurt or kill characters. (Mwauhahaha)
- Write an extremely hilarious scenario that involves your MC falling into a river, Frogmen, and and elderly dragon sitting by smoking a pipe.
- Crack open an old notebook and read your old stories from when you were eight and you spelled “beautiful” three different ways.
And that is it my cheerios. In the case of injury that follows trying out any of these things, do not blame me. 😂 You have been warned.
Have a great day, and